Sunday, January 16, 2011

Paris in Review




No matter how much I travel or what corner of the world I'm in, I will always get homesick.

While some people are getting homesick for familiar surroundings, family and friends, I am missing my boyfriend the most.

Who can deny that Paris is one of the most romantic cities in the world? Beautiful people, beautiful language, beautiful food, beautiful music, beautiful clothes and beautiful art make for a breathtaking city. Who else but to share it with someone you love?

At first I was taken aback by the excessive PDA; I saw PDA on the trains, outside the Metro, at landmarks, in cafes, everywhere...but Paris has shown me that love is a beautiful thing.

While we were waiting in line for the lift at the Eiffel Tower, a few of us spotted an elderly couple in line and couldn't help but watch them hold hands and eat croissants together while patiently waiting amidst the chaos and noise coming from other tourists.

That simple moment made me realize that traveling is not a checklist of "been-there, done-that" or how many souvenirs I can fit into my suitcase, but it's about perseverance, patience, understanding, openness, and most importantly, love and the wisdom to seek knowledge and share knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment