Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Liberal Amsterdam!

I met a very opinianated man at The Bulldog Café in Amsterdam, his name is Faroak. My multi-media story is on weed being legal in Amsterdam. I asked Faroak if I was able to interview on his opinion on the topic and I asked why he thought weed was legal in a place like Amsterdam and not the United States and he said that it was because Americans don’t let their people be free and that in a country like Amsterdam people are free, happy and can do whatever they want. He also said that Americans are too worried about their image and want to be portrayed as the perfect country. He told me that the United States feels like they should fix every other country’s problem so they can be the hero of the story. “As Europeans we think Americans are crazy.” I wonder if all Europeans think like that about Americans. After hearing in Paris like 100 times that the United States-Europe relationship has never been this good and that Europeans love Obama I am kind of confused as to who to believe; the people who try to make the United States look good in Europe or the guy who was high in an Amsterdam bar!?! I thought what he was saying and the way he was expressing himself was so intense he was so mad when he was telling me all these things it was kind of scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment