Monday, January 17, 2011

Second Life Music



Almost Famous
"I always tell the girls, never take it seriously, if ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt, ya never get hurt, ya always have fun, and if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends." -- Kate Hudson as Penny Lane in "Almost Famous"

Goal
One of the few goals I had for my Europe excursion was to find a record store and adopt a few vinyls. I planned to welcome them into my home with open arms and provide a loving environment. I could only hope they grew up to be pageant queens or lawyers.

Success
Luckily, on the last day of the trip, the Internet allowed me to discover Second Life Music. I made some of the best vinyl purchases of my career as a collector, and the salesman was nice enough to save me 11 euro by charging me 50 euro for 61 euros worth of records.

I'm glad I was able to find something familiar in this foreign land. I'm glad I was able to go to the record store and visit my friends. It's the first time I've felt "at home" in weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment