Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ann Frank




When I first heard we were going to the Ann Frank house, I will admit I wasn't the most excited person in the world. I thought to myself just great another boring tour of another place I prefer not to see. Not that I didn't want to learn more but because I has spent my whole trip walking around touring and at this point I had just had it. At this point i just wanted to enjoy the remainder of my trip all ready. It didn't really register in my head how meaningful Ann Frank really was. However standing outside her house waiting my turn to go in i was very nonchalant, However all that changed when I entered the house and started reading her story and listening to the documentaries... That's when everything started to get REAL! Places in my hurt were touched and sadden by all that took place in the house I stood in. I was in awe and disbelief of the activities that happened in each room i stood in. The fact that Ann Frank endured so much she was still able to keep a positive perspective on her situation while having forgiveness in her heart. Knowing that made me look at the inner me and think about how I treat people and the words of choice I use with them. The Ann Frank house is a historical spot that everyone she visit once to feel the power that comes from it. Touring at this house has made me loo at things in a different light and was really an eye opening experience. I am truly grateful that i received the chance to visit it because it really was a life changing experience.







No comments:

Post a Comment