Monday, January 10, 2011

Paris at a Glance

When we first arrived to the Paris airport, I was completely lost. I felt like I was a little kid lost in a department store. I have never left the country before and to top it off, the only French word I knew is Bonjour. Things got a lot easier as soon as we got passed the passport check. The workers who were checking made jokes with a few of us and showed us there are people who are helpful and willing to make “lost people” feel welcomed. On a better note, this trip has been a lot of fun so far. I enjoyed traveling to the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Eiffel Tower. A few of us took a walk to the highest point in the city of Paris and it was the most beautiful thing I have yet to seen. All the city lights just glowing, I was mezmorized. So far, during this trip, I have realized one important thing; be thankful for what you have. French people are not the most welcoming people to be around, especially if you are American. It is so hard to come from a country where you can walk around and just smile and say goodmorning to a complete stranger to now having to keep a straight face and walk past hundreds of people a day. I have met nice people who make jokes because I am from Chicago. Histarically, this is the one city they say they hate. Paris has definitely been a new adventure I'm glad I was able to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment