Friday, January 14, 2011

Delectable Paris.


We've all seen pictures of the Eiffel Tower and for me, I've always thought it was a beautiful structure I would never see other than in pictures. Then, there I was. Standing and staring up the most beautiful structure ever. Paris was more than I had ever imagined it to be and It slowly became a reality as I watching Erin's expression. Erin couldn't constrain herself as a smile spread wildly across her face, "Am I the only one freaking out about this?" and though I wasn't jumping up and down, it finally hit. I'm in Paris.

The Paris that knows how to enjoy a meal, the kind where you order wine with every meal to enhance the taste and find yourself lost in conversation with some of your closest and maybe newest friends. Paris is perfect. Perfect for people watching. Perfect place to catch the best deals that only come once a year. Perfect place to see the most beautiful artwork in the world. Perfect place to make new friends. Perfect place to learn a new language.

It's a completely different lifestyle then the one back home, where we are in a constant motion. The motion in Paris is the kind where you take your time enjoying that perfectly flaky croissant with only the most perfect amount of chocolate. The taste still lingers in my mouth thinking about it.

That's Paris, and I'm loving it.

1 comment: